Administrator
Administrator
Peace Finance
Customize Profile : Futoshi Shimano

Discussion MIchael's MMO Review Thread

26/2/2018, 7:46 am
I was going to do this on twitter, and already have a little :
Spoiler:

That said I decided to move the format here! Here I'll be giving a generally small review of a game and rating it on the same scale as my tweets as well as an out of 10 score.

There are three things than an MMORPG must have for me to enjoy.

• Good non-restrictive gameplay that lets you play at your own pace.

• Decent graphics and good character customization*

• A nice community that is fun to interact with.

At least one of these is necessary, and depending on the game sometimes one is outweighed by the problems a game has.
If the game isn't fun, but it looks good and has a nice community, than I wouldn't rate it higher than a 5 usually because the a game has to be enjoyable otherwise you might as well go outside if you want a nice community and good graphics. So out of the three gameplay is most important, followed by its graphical fidelity, and then it's community.

Michael's MMO Review Thread

I have played thousands of MMOs of all kinds, and I am still trying out new ones all of the time.
Of the MMOs I have already reviewed, here are there scores:

Phantasy Star Online 2: Grind It (9.7/10)
ABP Reloaded: Dump It (4/10)
Elsword: Play It (7/10)
MapleStory 2: Play It (7/10)
Closers: Play It (6/10)
Black Desert Online: Play It (8/10)
Aura Kingdom: Play It (5/10)
AdventureQuest 3D: Play It (6.9/10)
TERA: Dump It (4/10)
Aion: Dump It* (4.8/10)
Florensia: Dump It (4/10)
Secret World Legends: Burn It (1/10)
Dream of Mirror Online: Burn It (1/10)

Vindictus: Play It (8/10)

Feel free to suggest MMOs for me to play and review.

I have played a lot more than these, but I have forgotten most of them due to whatever reasons. If you have any MMOs or MMORPGs you can feel free to let me know!
(All games I play may be replayed in the future for a second chance, though some of them may be too god damn awful to try.)
(Also, this is completely my opinion and does not reflect the opinion of you or YakuzaForums, as those my differ.)
(Some of these games I have already talked about on twitter, though I may do a proper review post for them anyways, however for most I won't so if you want to know my opinion of them, you should look at the original twitter post.)

Last edited by Michael on 30/3/2018, 6:19 am; edited 2 times in total
sid
sid
Administrator
Administrator
Peace Finance
Customize Profile : Futoshi Shimano

Discussion Re: MIchael's MMO Review Thread

26/2/2018, 8:02 am

Vindictus NEXON/DEVcat

This fast paced high action prequel to the beloved classic MMORPG "Mabinogi" takes a much darker visual tone compared to it's visually lighthearted predecessor.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time playing on Vindictus, I can't speak for the whole experience as I only played on one character, but the gameplay was very enjoyable and I didn't find myself getting bored of it easily. It's an instance based MMO like most, fighting in a variety of different types of areas and a lot of different types of monsters and enemies to fight. It's story is intriguing but not necessary to enjoy the game. I didn't interact with any players really, but it seemed like no one really was where I was in the game, so maybe that is different in other parts of the game. The character system seems to be similar to Elsword from what I tell. You can play as several different characters who can be minimally customized at the start and have their own special abilities and weapons just like a class would in any game. I don't know if the story is different for each character but one could possibly assume so, prove me wrong otherwise and I can edit this post. It's an all around fun time to be had and if you are looking for a maindish MMO to sink some time in, this isn't a bad one to do so.

I'd say: Play It!
(8/10)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum